As any business owner knows, the sidewalk and parking lot areas around your commercial building can take a beating during the winter months. Between snow, sleet, and ice, it’s important to keep up with regular maintenance to ensure a safe and accessible area for customers and employees. Continue below to learn some tips on how to take care of your commercial pavement during the winter.
Commercial Asphalt and Concrete Maintenance in Winter
Here are the top three most important maintenance tasks you can do to protect your pavements from winter weather damages:
1. Keep up with regular sweeping and cleaning. This will help to remove any built-up salt, sand, or debris that can contribute to deterioration.
2. Inspect the pavement regularly for any cracks or damage. If you catch these early, they can be repaired before they turn into larger problems.
3. Apply a sealant to the pavement surface. This will help to protect it from the elements and prevent further damage.
By following these simple tips, you can help to extend the life of your commercial pavement and keep it looking its best.
Snow Management Tips for Parking Lots
1. Keep your parking lot free of snow and ice to prevent accidents and injuries.
2. Use a snow blower or shovel to clear snow from your parking lot.
3. Apply salt or other deicing products to your parking lot to melt ice and prevent it from forming.
4. Inspect your parking lot regularly to ensure that it is free of snow and ice.
Trust these tips to keep your parking lot safe and accessible during the winter season.
Commercial Pavement Repair in the Winter
It’s no secret that commercial pavements take a beating during the winter months. From the heavy snowfall and ice accumulation to the repeated freezing and thawing cycles, your pavement endures a lot of wear and tear. And while you may not be able to prevent all damage, there are some proactive measures you can take to help minimize it.
One of the best ways to protect your pavement during the winter is to have it regularly inspected and repaired. Even small cracks and divots can turn into large problems if left unaddressed, so it’s important to nip them in the bud as soon as possible. Of course, this isn’t always easy to do when the weather is less than ideal.
That’s why it’s important to partner with a reliable Indianapolis commercial pavement repair company that can provide timely and effective service, even in the midst of winter weather. At ACI Asphalt & Concrete, we’re proud to offer our clients 24/7 emergency repair services so you can rest assured that your pavement is in good hands, no matter what Mother Nature throws your way.
If you’re looking for a commercial pavement repair company you can trust, look no further than ACI Asphalt & Concrete. Contact us today to learn more about our commercial paving services in Indianapolis, or to schedule a free consultation.
Is Salt Safe to Use on Asphalt?
Which Paving Material Performs Better in Winter?
How to Protect Concrete in Winter